Junior Icemen 12 & Under Program
Age Group: 2011, 2012
Teams: 12UA1, 12UA2
Start Date: The week of August 14th
End Date: Start of March
Roster: 13 - 15 skaters, 1-2 goalies, equal playing time
Purpose: At the 12-and-Under level, coaches should focus on the following age-appropriate concepts and skills so that players enjoy the experience and develop both as hockey players and as young kids.
Focus Points: Fun and Engagement, Active Practices, Age-Appropriate Training, Skill Development, Body Contact/Body Checking
* 12-and-Under players are in the Golden Age of Skill Development, which is a crucial time in the long-term development of a player. Coaches should also remember that fun is a key component of youth sports, and that practices and games at the 12-and-Under level must be fun in order for these players to continue working hard to acquire and improve skills
Icemen Experience: Each player will receive 2 tickets per season to preselected Icemen games. Players will also be provided with unique event experiences with the Icemen.
Game Rinks: Games are played throughout the state of Florida on most weekends.
Program: 3 On Ice practices and 2 off Ice practices weekly
Curriculum: All age groups follow a comprehensive 25-week on and off-ice curriculum focusing on age-appropriate training and proper player development guidelines. This will ensure all players have the opportunity to reach their full potential in a fun, challenging and positive learning environment.
The goal of practice is to create the most fun, challenging, learning environment for players to enjoy the game and improve faster for performance in games. Game based learning is scientifically proven to be the best retained when acquiring skill, more transferable for optimizing development and performance. Practicing the perception (cognitive) and action (physical) movements “coupled” together allows players to learn in game-like situations. Every practice should be composed of the following:
- Fun & Engaging
- High Activity (puck touches, movement)
- Game Like Situations (looks like the game)
- Decision Making
- Competition / Challenging
No Practice dates: * subject to change
Sept 4, Oct 31, Nov 23, Dec 18 - Jan 1, Jan 15, Feb 19
League Format: All 12U levels play full ice games.
League Games - Play in SAHOF League
Tournaments: 4 Tournaments per season, locations/dates - TBA
* Note all locations for tournaments will be in the state of Florida or neighboring states with a drivable distance. Tournament locations are TBA and will depend on the level of team and tournament divisions offered at different rink locations.
Travel: All local in Florida
Team Communication/Schedule - Teamsnap app will be used.
Uniforms: All jerseys and merchandise are ordered on Uniform day, which includes reservation of jersey number. More info will be emailed out after tryouts.
Playoffs: All playoff fees are NOT included in club dues.
Jr.Icemen - 12U Equipment and Apparel Requirements
- Navy Helmet / helmet stickers
- Navy Hockey pants and/or Pant Shell (navy)
- Predominantly Navy Gloves (no conflicting colors)
- Game Jerseys (white & blue)
- Game Socks (white & blue)
- Practice Jerseys (white & navy) - included
- Practice Socks (white & navy) - included
- Dryland Shorts & T Shirt
- Equipment Bag
- Polo Shirt (optional)
- Jr.Icemen Hat (optional)