JACKSONVILLE LUNAS 10/12 & UNDER
Age Group: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Teams: 10U/12U Lunas
Start Date: The week of August 21st
End Date: End of February
Roster: 13 - 15 skaters, 1-2 goalies, equal playing time
Purpose: At the 10 and 12-and-Under level, coaches should focus on the following age-appropriate concepts and skills so that players enjoy the experience and develop both as hockey players and as young kids.
Focus Points: Fun and Engagement, Active Practices, Age-Appropriate Training, Skill Development, Body Contact
* 12-and-Under players are in the Golden Age of Skill Development, which is a crucial time in the long-term development of a player. Coaches should also remember that fun is a key component of youth sports, and that practices and games at the 12-and-Under level must be fun in order for these players to continue working hard to acquire and improve skills.
Icemen/Lunas Experience: Each player will receive 2 tickets per season to preselected Jacksonville Icemen games. Players will also be provided with unique event experiences with the Icemen.
Program: 2 On Ice practices and 1 off Ice practice weekly
Curriculum: All age groups follow a comprehensive 26-week on and off-ice curriculum focusing on age-appropriate training and proper player development guidelines. This will ensure all players have the opportunity to reach their full potential in a fun, challenging and positive learning environment.
Practice Focus: The goal of practice is to create the most fun, challenging, learning environment for players to enjoy the game and improve faster for performance in games. Game based learning is scientifically proven to be the best retained when acquiring skill, more transferable for optimizing development and performance. Practicing the perception (cognitive) and action (physical) movements “coupled” together allows players to learn in game-like situations. Every practice should be composed of the following:
- Fun & Engaging
- High Activity (puck touches, movement)
- Game Like Situations (looks like the game)
- Decision Making
- Competition / Challenging
No Practice dates: * subject to change
Sept 4, Oct 31, Nov 23, Dec 18 - Jan 1, Jan 15, Feb 19
Game Format: All games are full ice.
League Format : Southern Girls Hockey League (SGHL)
5 weekend Events (events could be at any of the following locations- Orlando, Fort Myers, South Carolina, North Carolina, Atlanta or Nashville) - Locations of weekends are TBD.
Team Communication/Schedule - Teamsnap app will be used.
Uniforms: All jerseys and merchandise are ordered on Uniform day, which includes reservation of jersey number.
Jacksonville Lunas Equipment & Apparel Requirements
- Black or Navy Helmet / helmet stickers
- Black Hockey pants or Pant Shell (black)
- Predominantly Black/Purple or Navy Gloves
- Game Jerseys (white & black)
- Game Socks (white & black)
- Stretch Pants (black) & Hooded Sweatshirt (purple)
- Practice Jerseys (purple & black) (Included)
- Practices Socks (black) (Included)
- T-Shirt (purple) (optional)
- Equipment Bag (optional)
- Lunas Hat (optional)